The SMSZ Project
Desert Gold's flagship SMSZ Project overlies a 38 km section of West Africa’s prolific Senegal Mali Shear Zone which is related to 4 tier one gold mines including B2 Gold's Fekola Mine, Barrick's Gounkoto and Loulo Mines and Allied Gold's Sadiola and Yatela Mines.
At 410km2 the Company’s SMSZ Project is one of the largest gold exploration projects in Western Africa. With 20+ open gold zones discovered to date that require follow up and numerous targets yet to be tested, the SMSZ Project has the potential for the discovery of a major gold deposit(s) consistent with the region’s tier 1 gold mines.
Fully Funded 20,000 metres of drilling with contingency of 20,000 metres of additional drilling
- Drilling starts early January 2021
- Good results will be followed-up in real time during the drill season
Up to 20,000 metres of auger drilling
- Follow-up and develop new targets under shallow cover
75-line km of induced polarization gradient geophysical surveys
- Excellent correlation between anomalies and gold mineralization
6,000 soil samples – first pass
- 25% of property has never been explored
Geological mapping and prospecting
- Provides context and new gold zones
Complete a 43-101 compliant report in Q4, 2021